Global Ballooning > Sunrise Balloon Flight over Melbourne - Private Flight for 2
- For 1 Person
- 12 month validity
- Instant electronic delivery
- Organise timeslot after purchase
A private balloon flight for 2!
A sunrise balloon flight over Melbourne is a truly remarkable experience. There are few major cities in the world that can be traversed by hot air balloon and there certainly is no better way to take in Australia's second largest city. In the early morning light you will drift by the array of parks and gardens that make Melbourne the world's most liveable city. As the city comes to life you will look down on some of the cities iconic sporting venues like the MCG, Melbourne Park and Albert Park racetrack. If you are looking for a romantic soft adventure that gives you a peek at city life from a totally different angle then Ballooning over Melbourne is a must.
Balloon flights over Melbourne appeal to people of all ages young and old alike. We offer complimentary transfers from all Melbourne CBD hotels and generally you would be back at your hotel before 9am (depending on the time of year). These flights have been specifically designed to have you back in time to pick up another tour, go shopping or go to work.
- One hour sunrise balloon flight over Melbourne city
- Exclusive use of a Global Ballooning basket, pilot and crew
- Champagne on board (please note, champagne on board is at the pilot’s discretion on the morning subject to weather conditions)
- Champagne breakfast at Hilton on the Park
- Complimentary hotel pick-up
- Flight certificate
- Complimentary souvenir pack including wine tasting voucher for Domaine Chandon winery
- Optional "Will you marry me?" motifed balloon
All passengers must phone the Melbourne City duty pilot the night before flight between 6.00pm and 6.30pm on mobile number 0488 686 555 to confirm weather forecast and pick up time from city hotel.
When you check in, your duty pilot will confirm your meeting time and the weather report.
- If the flight is going ahead you will either speak to the pilot or hear a message detailing the meeting time.
- If the weather forecast is poor, or the flight is likely to be cancelled for any other reason the pilot will either leave a message or explain to you the details of the situation.
- Occasionally, in changeable weather conditions, the pilot may arrange to speak to you or to leave a message for a final confirmation early in the morning.
- Pilots will NOT be available for check in after 7.00pm in the evening.
- Please check in on time as you may be inconvenienced or jeopardise your flight.
- If you do not arrive at the specified venue for the flight, the ticket is forfeited and no refund will be made.
Morning of Flight - Overview
We meet at your hotel before first light (you will be advised of the exact time the evening before your flight). Your pilot will give you a short briefing. You will then be transported to the launch site where you may help with the launch, or stand back and take pictures. Then away we go, drifting gently over the city of Melbourne in our beautiful balloon. Your flight will last for approximately one hour. After we make our final landing and pack the balloon away, we head back to the Hilton on the Park for a full buffet breakfast to toast the morning's adventure.
When and Where to Meet
Making your own way
We meet around an hour before sunrise (confirm with pilot evening before) at the Hilton on the Park, 192 Wellington Pde (corner Clarendon St) East Melbourne. Melways ref: Map 2G.
Transfer from city hotel
A Global Ballooning representative will meet you at the front of your Melbourne CBD hotel at the time specified the evening prior upon check in. You will then be transferred back after the flight and breakfast.
Your pilot will give you a short briefing, and transfer passengers to the designated launch field.
Then, away we go, gently floating over Melbourne in our beautiful hot air balloon. Your balloon flight will last for approximately one hour. After we make our final landing and pack the balloon away, we head back to The Hilton On the Park where your morning is celebrated with a buffet breakfast.
What to Wear and Bring
Ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
- The burners can sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. Global Ballooning will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a part of our adventure activity.
- Wear clothes as for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap or beanie, plus sunglasses if you wish.
- We meet before sunrise so depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold.
- Generally it will not be any colder in the air during the flight than on the ground, so wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up.
- The burners can radiate heat so a hat is recommended.
- Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew, you may like to bring a change of socks. High-heeled shoes are not suitable.
- High-heeled shoes are not suitable.
- Don't forget your camera!
Global Ballooning is Victoria’s largest hot air ballooning company, offering flights over Melbourne city and the Yarra Valley. With a fleet of 16 passenger balloons of varying sizes, Global Ballooning caters to all the needs of passengers wishing to experience the joy of ‘lighter than air’ flight and award-winning service.
Kiff Saunders is Global Ballooning’s owner and chief pilot. He has flown balloons throughout Australia and the world. He holds Australia’s highest ballooning qualifications and has been inducted into the Australian Ballooning Federation ‘Hall of Fame’.
Global Ballooning is also Victoria’s only sustainable ballooning company. Global Ballooning has bought carbon offsets to replant native vegetation to absorb the emissions of 500 balloon flights for a 12 month period, in a commitment to give our passengers a cleaner conscience and a cleaner environment. The vegetation that will be planted near Macedon Ranges, Victoria on our behalf will consist of pre - 1750 species - including eucalypts, wattles, native grasses and wild flowers. As a result, by flying with Global Ballooning you will be helping to restore biodiversity and essential habitat for native fauna, improve water quality and salinity problems.
Phone: 03 9428 5703